Second Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 8am - 5pm
  • Closed November 28
865-215-8824, eths@eastTNhistory.org
First Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 9am - 4pm
  • Sat: 10am - 4pm
  • Sun: 1pm - 5pm
  • Closed November 28
  • November 29: Holiday Hours 10am - 4pm
865-215-8830
Third Floor
Hours
  • M-Tu: 9am - 8:30 pm
  • W-F: 9am - 5:30 pm
  • Sat: 9am - 5pm
  • Sun: 1pm - 5pm
  • Closed November 28
  • Closed November 29
865-215-8801
Second Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 8am-4:30pm
  • Closed November 28
  • Closed November 29
865-215-8800

Concord - Farragut (TN) Images of America

Dorris Woods Owens and Kate Clabough

In 1787, before Concord or Farragut existed, the area was known as Campbell's Station. The settlement grew rapidly, and by 1840, it was a thriving, self-sufficient community with many businesses. In the mid-1850s, the town of Concord was established two miles south of Campbell's Station along the newly installed railroad lines, drawing many businesses from Campbell's Station. Concord prospered, but Campbell's Station remained peaceful farmland. In 1902, Farragut High School was built in Campbell's Station. The school and the post office were the glue that held the west Knox County communities together. By 1944, nearly one-third of Concord was displaced by the impoundment of Fort Loudoun Lake. Soon Campbell's Station's sprawling farms became subdivisions, and Concord's businesses, churches, and even the post office were forced to relocate to Campbell's Station, leaving Concord a sleepy village. In 1980, a large area around the school but excluding Concord was incorporated as the town of Farragut. 127 pages.

$21.99
Weight: 
1 lb
Dimensions: 
9 × 1 × 6 in