Second Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 8am - 5pm
  • Closed December 24-25
  • Closed January 1
865-215-8824, eths@eastTNhistory.org
First Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 9am - 4pm
  • Sat: 10am - 4pm
  • Sun: 1pm - 5pm
  • Closed December 24-25
  • Closed January 1
865-215-8830
Third Floor
Hours
  • M-Tu: 9am - 8:30 pm
  • W-F: 9am - 5:30 pm
  • Sat: 9am - 5pm
  • Sun: 1pm - 5pm
  • Closed December 24-25
  • Closed January 1
865-215-8801
Second Floor
Hours
  • M-F: 8am-4:30pm
  • Closed December 24-25
  • Closed January 1
865-215-8800

Walland (TN) Images of America

Missy Tipton Green and Paulette Ledbetter

Approximately 10 miles long, Walland, Tennessee, is situated along the Chilhowee Ridge where the Little River naturally divides the mountain. Early on, both Baptist and Methodist churches were established, and the area's Baptist church was the first permanent Baptist church in Blount County. Amerine Forge, operated by George Amerine, was the largest ironworks in Blount County from 1845 to 1860. In 1901, Schlosser Leather Company opened a tannery, making it the largest industry in the county. 127 pages.

$21.99
Weight: 
1 lb
Dimensions: 
9 × 1 × 6 in