Museum Store and Visitor Services Associate
This position is responsible for day-to-day public interface with visitors to the East Tennessee History Center. The associate will orient visitors to the Center, handle museum shop sales, perform general receptionist duties, run the front desk, and promote membership, services, and programs of ETHS to the visiting public.
- Evenings and Night Off
This position is responsible for day-to-day public interface with visitors to the East Tennessee History Center. The associate will orient visitors to the Center, handle museum shop sales, perform general receptionist duties, run the front desk, and promote membership, services, and programs of ETHS to the visiting public. Supervisor: Museum Store and Visitor Services Manager.
- Handle museum store sales and be responsible for accurate cash management/ drawer reconciliation at the end of the day
- Greet and orient visitors to let the East Tennessee History enter, including those attending for tours, exhibits, library, archives, programs, and historic site information
- Follow established policies for shop and museum opening and closing
- Seek out information and be knowledgeable and up-to-date about upcoming programs and activities at ETHC
- Be knowledgeable about merchandise in the shop and be able to suggest and promote products to visitors
- Sell ETHS membership and actively encourage visitors to join
- Handle museum shop sales, count visitors, answer enquires
- Answer general questions about Knoxville and East Tennessee, give directions, assist visitors, as far as practical
- Alert staff and/or security personnel of potential problems
- Refer visitors to appropriate staff regarding donations of money, artifacts, archival material, or other items or concerns
- Answer the telephone, take messages for staff, and distribute messages appropriately and in a timely manner
- Assist Museum Store and Visitor Services Manager with inventory control and processing, merchandising, sales drawer balancing, deposits, etc.
- Perform general clerical duties for ETHS staff (envelop stuffing, labeling, data input, etc.) when necessary
- Restock brochure rack as needed
- Museum shop maintenance (dusting, stocking, etc)
- Maintain regular work hours as scheduled (8:30a.m.-4:30p.m., Monday through Friday; 9:45 a.m.-4:30p.m., Saturdays; 12:45 to 5:15p.m., Sundays). Occasional time outside of these hours will be scheduled for special events.
- Other duties as may be assigned