The Administrative Assistant is to assist in administrative and receptionist work in the office. This is a full-time (40 hours) position that requires flexibility in scheduling, as well as the ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment. Projects and tasks should be accomplished on time so as to coordinate with the flow of other office activities. Attention to accuracy is a priority. Light to moderate lifting is required (moving tables, chairs, mailing book shipments, retrieving office supply orders, etc.).
The Society’s Executive Assistant will oversee and assign all regular duties. When needed and as allowed by the administrative assistant’s prioritized tasks, ETHS staff members may request assistance with time sensitive jobs.
- Answer the Society’s main telephone line
o As the initial phone receptionist, the administrative assistant represents ETHS to the public. Such relations should be handled with a cordial and helpful attitude and in a professional, efficient, knowledgeable manner.
o Be proactive in being knowledgeable about ETHS events and procedures
- Billing and disbursements
o Process, print, request signatures, and mail accounts payable checks for all ETHS accounts
- Financial filing
- Track, maintain, and stock sufficient inventory of all office supplies, placing supply orders as needed
- Retrieve mail daily from post office and process outgoing mail
o Coordinate with front desk to retrieve mail/packages
- Assist with bulk mailings
- First Families of Tennessee & Civil War Families of Tennessee
o Request signature of President/CEO for all letters and certificates, affix ribbons and seals, and process for mailing
- Maintain and manage subscriptions and exchanges
o Send renewal notices, update, and process renewals and claims, resolving any discrepancies
- Manage and process ETHS book sales
o Prepare invoices, package/mail books and merchandise
- Assist with the preparation of packets for ETHS board and committee meetings
- Maintain common areas in a clean and professional manner, putting away and organizing supplies, brochures, etc.
- Meeting deadlines
- Knowledgeable in assisting customers/members
- Flexibility demonstrated in scheduling and handling non-routine assignments