Become a Member
A shared heritage and a sense of history are priceless gifts for ourselves and for generations to come. Join the East Tennessee Historical Society and become part of one of the most active and fastest growing historical organizations in the Southeast.
- Free admission to the Museum of East Tennessee History, including the signature exhibition Voices of the Land: The People of East Tennessee and regularly changing feature exhibits
- Tennessee Ancestors, a bi-annual genealogy magazine
- Journal of East Tennessee History, published annually and featuring articles and documents relating to Tennessee history
- Newsline, a newsletter featuring historical activities across the region.
View a previous Newsline issue
- E-news bulletins, monthly email reminders about upcoming programs and events
- Discounts on books, gift items, special conferences, and tours
- Programs and lectures exploring various topics; previous speakers have included author David McCullough, Civil War historian James McPherson, David and Julie Nixon Eisenhower, former Senator Howard H. Baker, Jr., and authors Sharyn McCrumb, Rick Atkinson, Jon Meacham, and Edward L. Ayers, Ph.D.
- Invitations to special events and receptions