Help Preserve the Region’s Past
A shared heritage and a sense of history are priceless gifts for ourselves and generations to come. By contributing to the ETHS annual fund, you help ensure that our East Tennessee history is preserved and shared.
Your contribution is fully tax deductible and ensures ETHS can continue to fulfill its educational mission for years to come. Unrestricted contributions help support the daily operations of ETHS which include:
- Award-winning educational programming for teachers and students,
- Genealogical and historical programming,
- Popularly acclaimed feature exhibitions and the international award-winning permanent exhibition, Voices of the Land: The People of East Tennessee,
- Publication of scholarly work, such as Tennessee Ancestors and the Journal of East Tennessee History.
Benefits of Membership:
In recognition of your generosity, contributions of $75 or more receive complimentary membership to ETHS for the year during which the gift is received.
- Unlimited free admission to the Museum of East Tennessee’s signature exhibition, Voices of the Land: The People of East Tennessee, featuring more than 500 artifacts that help bring our history to life;
- Free admission throughout the year to changing feature exhibitions on specific topics of interest including in 2012-13 a focus on commemorating the Civil War’s 150th anniversary;
- Tennessee Ancestors, a bi-annual genealogy magazine;
- Journal of East Tennessee History, published annually and featuring articles and documents relating to Tennessee history;
- Newsline, a semi-annual newsletter featuring historical activities across the region;
- E-News bulletins, monthly e-mail reminders about upcoming programs and events;
- Discounts on books, gift items, special conferences and tours;
- Programs and lectures exploring various topics;
- Invitations to feature exhibit member preview receptions and other special events.